CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 21, 2009

Freeway Jumper Subdued by Police.

This morning as I drove up I-5 north I noticed some happenings on the overpass near the Mountain Gate exit. Later I found the following story in the Redding paper..

"Officers have subdued a man who threatened northbound Interstate 5 traffic when he poised himself to jump off the Mountain Gate/Wonderland overpass. The man was standing on his vehicle with a box cutter in his hand, poised to jump down onto northbound I-5, according to initial dispatch reports. The man has been taken into police custody."

I didn't get my camera out in time but did make it past the overpass before the highway patrol shut down the freeway in both directions until the situation was over.

0 comments: